400g spinach, 1 potato, 1 can cannellini beans, nutmeg, pistachio nuts, old bread, sesame seeds, ricotta cheese.
Spinach and ricotta are a match made in heaven - delicate, soft and comforting - and this bean burger is absolutely delicious.
1) Peel and dice the potato, then boil in hot, salted water until soft. Drain, mash and set aside to cool.
2) Drain the can of beans and slice them in half. This sounds laborous but it needn't be - just line them up and slice multiple beans at the same time! stir into the mashed potato.
3) Blitz the spinach in a blender and grate in some nutmeg and season with black pepper before adding 2 tablespoons of ricotta.
4) Stir the spinach and ricotta mixture into with the potato and beans and form patties.
5) Blitz your bread in a blender until fine breadcrumbs are formed. Crush a handful of pistachios in a blender and stir through the bread with some sesame seeds.
6) Roll the patties in the breadcrumb mixture, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.