1/4 Cucumber, 1 tin butterbeans, 100g feta, mint leaves, butter, 1/2 lime.
I'm back! After almost a month off due to wedding/honeymoon madness I have woefully neglected you all. Hopefully this lunch idea will get me back in your good graces... the combination of lime and mint is always a winner with me - whether a cocktail, a pudding or a salad dressing, it never fails to add a fresh, exciting twist to a dish. This butterbean and feta salad is a great combination of melting soft cheese and beans with crunchy cucumber - great in a wrap, on bread or just on its own.
1) Drain the can of butterbeans and rinse in cold water. Bring to the boil in a pan for 4 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2) Slice and quarter the cucumber and cut the feta into equal chunks.
3) Zest the lime and squeeze the juice from one half. Finely chop the mint leaves and stir into the lime juice and zest.
4) Melt a knob of butter in a pan and add in the beans. Sizzle for a 30 seconds before adding the lime and mint, then fry off for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Take off the heat and stir through the feta and cucumber to dress it before serving.