Monday 2 July 2012

Baked apple with apricot & goats cheese


  
Ingredients


Bramley apple, goats cheese, dried apricots 
 

Serves: 2 preparation: 30 minutes

I can remember clearly my very first cookery lesson at school. We made a baked apple.
It was stuffed with sultanas and butter and it looked like a bizarre sort of baked potato.
I hated the texture, hated the taste, hated the smell and the ugly yellowish brown of the skin. I can honestly say I have never had a baked apple since - until today when I had a craving for apple and thought I would experiment with this old nemesis... the sticky sweetness of the apricot goes perfectly with the creamy, soft goats cheese. This is absolutely lovely but it's not going to win any beauty awards.


1) Slice the top from the apple and remove the majority of the core, leaving a little base to retain the filling. Hollow the apple out further until about 1/3 of the apple flesh has been removed.

2) Stuff the apple with layers of apricot and goats cheese and sit the top of the apple back onto the top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP