4 red bell peppers, 3 eggs,
150g goats cheese, basil
Serves: 4 Preparation: 45 minutes
Roast pepper and goats cheese is a combination that I will never get tired of, and these adorable little timbales make such a lovely supper.
1) Slice the tops from the bell pepper and remove the core and seeds. Slice between the membranes and then cut half the peppers into slivers, and leave the remaining two peppers as they are.
2) Roast the peppers for 15 minutes at 220 degrees until the skins just begin to blacken, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3) Lightly butter the 4 moulds and line the sides and bottom with the larger pieces of pepper.
4) Whisk the goats cheese roughly with the eggs and add a little chopped basil. Stir in the remaining slivers of pepper and then pour the egg, cheese and pepper mix into the moulds.
5) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees and serve.