Thursday 1 December 2011

Coconut panna cotta with lavender poached pear


Ingredients



250g Rachel's Organic coconut yoghurt, 2 sheets of gelatine, 150ml double cream, 2 pears, 1/2 cup dried lavender, 1 cup caster sugar   
Serves: 4 Preparation: 30 minutes

My name is Lianne Marie Binks and I am a panna cotta addict.
I cannot, cannot get enough of the cool, creamy lusciousness and whenever we're in restaurants I have to force myself to order something different for pudding, otherwise I would never eat anything else. Making it is so quick and simple but it's such a versatile pudding. I have one month left before I force myself to embark upon a pre-wedding diet so expect many, many panna cotta recipes to come in December! This combination of lavender and coconut, which I explored recently making lavender scones with coconut milk, is perfect.


1) Add the lavender to 1/2 pint water and bring to the boil for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to help the flavour infuse. Strain the lavender from the water and discard the lavender.

2) Peel, core and finely dice the pears, then add to the pan along with the sugar and lavender infused water. Bring to the boil and allow the pear to soften completely.

3) Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for about 5 minutes until they become completely soft and flexible, meanwhile, warm the cream in a pan and then whisk the gelatine into the cream until it has dissolved completely.

4) Take the pan from the heat and whisk in the yoghurt, continuing to whisk until the mixture is completely incorporated.

5) Pour into moulds and allow to set in the fridge. I just use little whiskey glasses (not shots) because they're the perfect portion for me :-) it should be set after 2 hours but I like to leave it overnight. If you don't have a brulee torch to warm the mould, just stand the glass upright in a dish of warm water for 30 seconds and then tip it up and allow it to wobble out. Spoon the lavender poached pears over the top and serve!

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP