3 eggs, 200ml whole milk, lavender, 20g caster sugar
Fresh custard goes so beautifully with most puddings, it's the perfect accessory to cut through richness or sweetness or tartness. But why can't the custard be the component of the pudding which holds the flavour? No reason at all! Enjoy!
1) Simmer 200ml milk with a teaspoon of lavender on a low heat, then strain the lavender from the milk
2) Add half the caster sugar and whisk through
3) Add 3 egg yolks to a bowl and whisk the remainder of the caster sugar into it until it has doubled in volume and paled in colour.
4) Pour the milk in a steady stream over the eggs, whisking constantly until they have been incorporated.
5) Return to the pan and continue to whisk on a low heat until the custard is thick enough to coat a spoon.