500g cranberries, 4 oranges, 4 eggs, 350g caster sugar/4 tbsp honey, 8oz butter
Preparation: 1 hour
Whilst October is all about pumpkins, November is all about cranberries for me, they've just come into season so now is the perfect time to begin making cranberry curd, a luxurious alternative to cranberry sauce for Christmas turkey and absolutely fabulous with cheese. Look out for more cranberry recipes coming soon.
1) Zest one of the oranges and then juice all four of them.
2) Put the cranberries in a pan and add the orange juice and orange zest. Boil for 5-10 minutes, until they are soft.
3) Pulse the cranberries in a blender and then pass through a sieve until you are left with a smooth puree.
4) Separate the egg yolks from the whites, discard the whites and whisk the 4 yolks together in a mixing bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of boiling water to make a bain marie.
5) Whisk the caster sugar or honey into the eggs and add the cranberry and orange puree. Continue to whisk until you cannot see any sugar grains, then add half of the butter and continue to whisk until the lemon curd is thick enough to draw a line through it with a spoon. Take from the heat and whisk through the remaining butter to make it glossy.
6) Pour into hot, sterilised jars and allow to cool completely before consuming.