3 Baby aubergines, 1 pointed pepper, 5 baby plum tomatoes, mozarella, basil oil, salt, basil, oregano, balsamic vinegar.
Served hot as a side dish, or served cold as a salad, this delicious combination of flavours is one I come back to again and again.
1) Slice the tops from the baby aubergines and slice in half, lengthways. Set skin side down around the edges of an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with salt.
2) Slice the tops from the pointed peppers, remove the core and seeds and arrange in the centre of the roasting dish. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar, taking care to avoid the aubergine for now.
3) Prick the baby plum tomatoes to allow the juices to escape rather than split the skin and rest on the peppers. Drizzle the entire roasting dish with basil oil and sprinkle with a good pinch of finely chopped basil and oregano.
4) Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 to allow the basil oil, tomato juices and balsamic vinegar to glaze all of the vegetables.
5) Stir in the mozarella (I used little pearls of mozarella) and serve.