200g very strong white bread flour
(grade 00), 1/4 tbs salt, 1/2 a sachet
of yeast, 1/4 tsp honey, 1 tbs olive
oil, 130ml warm water, 4 baby leeks, 100g mozarella, 100g cheddar, oregano.
I managed to get hold of some baby leeks today and fell in love with the sweet, delicate flavour of these tender young strips of yumminess. Smothering them with a mixture of gooey mozzarella and sharp cheddar made this a perfect lunchtime snack.
1) For a quick pizza dough: sift the flour and salt together and pour onto a clean work surface. Make a well in the centre and after dissolving the yeast, oil and honey in warm water, pour into the centre and mix with a fork until it is gradually combined. Dust your hands with flour and kneed until a smooth, elastic dough has formed. Set aside.
2) Slice the ends from the leeks and quarter the stalks.
4) Sautee in a teaspoon of butter for about 3 minutes until soft.
5) Roll out the pizza dough on a flour dusted surface until thin and even.
6) Arrange the leeks directly onto the top of the dough, brushing any excess butter onto the dough surface and top with a mixture of grated mozarella and cheddar.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes and serve with a sprinkling of oregano.