3 carrots, 1 tbs butter, 1 tsp rosemary, Lavender Jam
Continuing with my series of lavender themed recipes - this is a perfect side dish for Sunday lunch. As I've mentioned in previous recipes, rosemary and lavender are perfect partners and glazing carrots with my Lavender Jam really brings out the natural sweetness of this vegetable.
1) Peel the carrots, top and tail them and slice into batons.
2) Parboil them in hot, salted water for 8 or 9 minutes.
3) Strain the carrots and pour into an ovenproof dish.
4) Stir through a tablespoon of butter until the carrots are coated, then stir in about a teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary.
5) Stir in a teaspoon of lavender jam until the carrots are completely coated in the glaze, then roast in the bottom of the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.