150g dark chocolate, 300ml double
cream, 10 cardamom pods, 2 egg yolks, 50ml milk.
Chocolate fondant is the ultimate in indulgence - a firm pudding top filled with sinfully rich liquid chocolate, it's quick to make and it's something people always like to eat. A big thanks too for my friend Pete for keeping me supplied with ramekins!
1) Break open the cardamom pods and grind the seeds to a fine powder. Add to a pan along with the cream.
2) Bring the cream to the boil and remove from the heat immediately.
3) Break the chocolate into small pieces and stir into the cream, whisking until it has become completely incorporated.
4) Separate the egg yolks from the whites and discard the whites. Fold the yolks into the chocolate and cream mixture. The mixture will begin to stiffen as it cools and as the egg yolks become combined so add the milk, a little at a time and whisk through until it is just pourable.
5) Pour into ramekins and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. They are ready when the tops have become firm but the insides are still liquid. Serve immediately with ice-cream or cream.