225 strong white bread flour, 225
strong wholemeal flour, 55g butter
cut into small pieces, 7g yeast, 30g
caster sugar, 170g dried fruits,
300ml milk, salt, 2 teapigs chilli chai teabags.
1) Warm 300ml milk and add 2 chilli chai tea temples to infuse in the milk.
2) Sift together the 2 flours, yeast and a pinch of salt and rub in the butter.
3) Stir through the dried fruits (I used cranberry, sultana and raisins) and make a well in the centre of the bowl. Pour in the tea infused milk and mix through until a dough is formed.
4) Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is smooth, then set to rest somewhere warm in a covered bowl for 2 hours (or until the dough has doubled in size)
5) Knock back the dough and knead again for a further 5 minutes on a floured surface before separating into 8 dough balls. Leave to rise for an hour before baking for 15 minutes.
These teacakes will keep for 2-3 days but are best toasted and eaten the same day.