5 slices Brioche, 1 leek, 1/2 cup double cream, 1 tablespoon butter, 10g parmigiano
Serves: 2 Preparation: 25 minutes
Being a lifelong francophile I am of course a brioche addict. If you've ever made it yourself (recipe coming this weekend) you will be horrified at the sheer level of butter and sugar that goes into this mouthwateringly sweet bread... but it's worth the third buttock and this gorgeous dish is melt in the mouth perfection. The perfect indulgent side dish.
1) Slice the leek and sautee in a teaspoon of butter until the rings can be separated easily by pressing with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, black pepper and pour in the cream.
2) Slice 1.5cm thick slices of brioche, butter each slice and cut in half.
3) Grate the parmeggian and set aside
4) Put the first layer of brioche in a small ovenproof dish (butter side down) and then spoon the creamed leeks over the top.
5) Top with parmeggian and continue to layer the brioche, leeks and cheese.
6) Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes and serve.