Monday 12 September 2011

Potato skins stuffed with leek & bacon



Ingredients

Potato, leek, bacon, butter, cheddar

I make mashed potatoes in 3 different ways depending on the time I have, or the type of mash I'm making.
On the occasions where I bake the potatoes in the oven I cannot resist saving the skins to stuff them with scrummy things.


1) Cover the potatoes in foil and bake for 1 and a half hours.


2) Scoop the potato from the skins ensuring that you leave a thin layer of potato to give the shell some integrity. Set the potato aside to cool.


3) Slice and roughly dice the leek and sautee in a little butter for 2 minutes. Add pancetta, or thin strips of bacon and stir through the leeks for a further 2 minutes.

4) Spoon into the potato shells and top with grated cheddar. Bake for 10 minutes and serve.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP